1.17.2010

shades of gray


fur coat & clutch: thrifted, dress & ankle boots: Asos, necklace: ma's jewelry box
For some reason I was completely over the whole maxi dress this past summer and the few I own hung in my closet the whole season without notice. My attitude quickly changed after seeing this post on Brook&Lyn a while back. Immediately sought after a similar one in my price range and lucked up in early December on Asos... have worn it at least three times since. Sooo comfortable and easy. Asos is such a great site...and that's all I have to say about that.
Two posts within a week, I'm back on a roll haha. Most definitely hope to get one more in by Tuesday in order to show my latest vintage find, a $20 white rabbit fur coat. (Note: Would never consider buying anything made of new fur, only secondhand. This is why no matter how bad I wanted them, the BCBG Mendel PONYHAIR boot-wedges had to stay at the store.)
No more color related post titles for a while...promise.
My dear friend of years, Ross, just started a new blog of his interior designs, check it out here!

some things captured over the weekend that just so happen to be gray...
A wild crane hung out by our pond looking for lunch..I've seen white ones as well during the summer

A close up of this awesome vintage clutch discovered at a local thrift store


13 comments:

Nika said...

beautiful dress!

RDI said...

I am loving the grey dress.. would be hot if you threw on a fitted leather jacket and some black heels.. well i think lol... Bu i am loving the grey tones in the jacket that correspond with the dress.. LOVE! the dress

Stéphanie said...

So pretty !

The Queen of Hearts said...

You look absolutely stunning in this shoot! I know, normally you look stunning but there is something especially amazing about this shoot: the scenery, the the muted color scheme accented by earth tones -- everything just works so well.

Tip said...

thanks you all for the motivation to keep this thing a-going!! especially @the queen i am thrilled that you feel this way..i thought this post turned out to be the best as of late too!! thank you thank you thank you!!

Anonymous said...

Oh I just love your maxi dress, esp. with the jacket. Great combo. You look so pretty!!

Hope you have a wonderful rest of the week.

xo, Becs

Margaret said...

that dress is perfect. I have been looking for the right maxi length dress and you have beat me to it!

Dith said...

hun u shld blog more often! Really wuv ur blog lol
But i know how hard it can be :-(

Beautiful photos

M€LISHA said...

check out my blog, melslifeofthefashionist.blogspot.com

Danielle Barbe said...

the jacket looks great with that dress. very unexpected.

http://www.daniellebarbe.blogspot.com

mutima said...

what a beatutiful maxi dress and the colour too:)xxscisi

Unknown said...

thats dress is amazing. my gash

Ash Fox said...

exceptionally beautiful photos.

x